Added to the list, which you can read about more here.
A reason for every pound I’ve lost:
A reason for every pound I’ve lost:
- Sit on the floor comfortably without pinching my nerve in my hip.
- Walk through the pew at church without having to side step
- Lose the double chin
- Rediscover my jaw bone
- To shop at any store!
- Paint my toenails without having to put my foot up on the counter!
- Being able to see what color it is without having to bend over!!
- Hold a plank position for more than 1 minute
- Do more than 1 real push up at a time
- Fit in narrow seats
- Not have back fat
- Not have my legs touch in the middle
- Go jogging for fun, not for a fitness test (high school=nightmares)!
- Get to a healthy weight so I can see my future grandchildren!
- Find my collarbone and show it off
- Not just wear jeans & t-shirts!
- Run a 5k
- Train for a half marathon
- Train for a century bike ride (100 miles)
- Have tall boots fit over my calves
- Wear heals and not complain the minute they are put on!
- Not have my arms wave back at you when I wave
- Prove that I wasn’t meant to be FAT!
- Earn a Black Belt in Taekwondo
- Be smaller than I was as a Freshman in High school (271 lb)
- Feel good in my exercise clothes
- Have a healthy glow
- See my toes from a standing position (I suppose that goes with toenail polish).
- Make healthy changes to my favorite recipes because I want to, not because I have to
- Wake up ready to go, and not want more sleep
- Have more flexibility mentally and physically
- Prevent knee surgery
- Not be ashamed of myself
- Enjoy looking in the mirror
- Shop in the “regular” section of department stores
- Have positive things to say about myself
- Increase stamina
- Fit comfortably in chairs at events (ie: giants games,convention center, etc.)
- Feel like a legitimate athlete when I am out exercising
- Look like a legitimate athlete when I am out exercising
- Inspire people
- Take joy in taking care of myself
- Try things I’ve wanted to try, but haven’t due to weight.
- Know that I’m worth it
- Finally know I DESERVE it
- I no longer qualify to be a contestant on the Biggest Loser!!
- Be able to be a bone marrow donor on Be the Match
- Feel good about donating all the fat clothes! See ya! (Dec 29, 2011)
- Enjoy food knowing it’s healthy
- Seeing that I am more flexible than I was 8 months ago
- Not seeing a number before the letters “XL” (in mens).
- Look in the mirror and enjoy the reflection!
- To not follow my dad in passing away early.
- Be able to run around with the kids and NOT gasp for breath.
- Have energy to do the things I want to do. (February 27, 2012)
I have neglected my list, and a friend (Lisa) updated hers, reminding me to update mine. I was happy to have to add 7 items. It’s going to get tougher to add as I go. But I’ll try to focus inward to find a worthy item to list. It’s part of the “healing” process and acceptance of change!
I lost .6 lb this week, which I am happy with. I haven’t been running as much as I should be. And I am going to work on busting through the week 4 “plateau!” I have a run in 20 days and I need to focus! I am starting to get nervous about it. But as I figured out in my Weight Watcher meeting today, I am not going to win the race; that’s not my goal. My goal is to finish. But my true goal is to do it in 45 minutes, a 15 minute mile/4 MPH average. When I signed up, I also signed up as a runner, which gets me a chip timer. So I’ll know! 🙂
The other thing I’ve done is registered for the March of Dimes 10k walk (6.2 miles) in late April. I am probably nuts, actually I know I am. Especially since I was planning on doing the Cinco de Mayo 5k. Hmmm. But I have a great friend who’s running the team and it’s such a great cause. Want to donate? Click here, please! So in addition to my crazy loco ideas about running, I am starting to mentally think about riding my bike. I am actually looking forward to spring and when it warms up enough to ride outside. But if it’s going to snow, please do it soon! I really would like to see some before I hit the 2 wheeler. LOL.
Also in TKD news, Chandler and I belt tested last week. We are now Senior Green belts. I broke my board on the first try with the Axe Kick. Got an A on Il Jang and A- on my 2nd form, Sa Jang. So I received Decided tape and Silver tape for my 2nd form. I am very pleased! Next up is Blue Belt, and offically graduating out of the “beginner” level classes