Tonight’s dinner was fabulous! I got the main course’s recipe off of Friend’s For Weight Loss and I tweaked it a bit to fit our tastes.
Crockpot Chicken Bake
- 1 cup of Enchilada Sauce (red)
- 1 cup of Fage 0% Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of minced garlic (in the jar, or 1 clove)
- 1.5 tablespoon of cilantro (or 1/3 C fresh)
- 8 Mission Extra Thin Corn Tortillas
- 2 Cups of cooked chicken breast, shredded (equals 11.7 ounces)
- 1 cup of 2% Mexican cheese mix, shredded
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Prep crock pot with Pam cooking spray if yours tends to have a sticking issue (mine doesn’t).
- Place 2-3 tortillas, over lapping and tearing if needed to fit them in the bottom.
- Add 1/4 (about half cup) of the salsa mixture, 1/2 the chicken, and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Top with 2-3 tortillas and spoon in 1/4 salsa mixture, rest of chiken and 1/4 cup of cheese.
- Put the last of the tortillas on top, top with the rest of the salsa mixture and then cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Serving size is 1/4 of the casserole.
Now of course you could call it good there, but why not add some sort of side. So I had canned black beans in the pantry. I’ve never actually cooked them up as a side, only in chili or something like that. So I found a recipe on Allrecipes.com and it was great. Here it is with my tweaks.
Easy Black Beans
- 1 can of black beans (not drained)
- 1 t minced onion
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 t dried cilantro
- 2 t of lime juice
Combine and simmer for 5 minutes. Makes 4 1/2 cup servings.
Total dinner calories: 484 and it was tasty!
Chandler loved it. So it’s now in rotation! And the beans were so easy, I see us adding those into the side dish rotation! Enjoy!